AMI-CON Supplies Ltd official response to compliance with the European Regulations “REACH” (Registration Evaluation & Authorisation of Chemicals.)
What is REACH?
REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals. It came into force on 1st June 2007 and replaced a number of European Directives and Regulations with a single system.
REACH has several aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.)
- To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances e.g. quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and read across.
Where possible our Manufacturers and Suppliers have kept us up to date on substances used in products we distribute. There have been products withdrawn from the market due to raw material restrictions and I am sure in the future we might see some more. We are working very closely with our manufactures to offer technical support and alternatives.
Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
As more registrations come into force we are reliant on the manufacturers keeping us up to date on their registration programme. Once we receive information from them we will keep you informed as to the next steps.
Our Technical team will be more than happy to assist you with any specific enquiries you may have, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1322 224 726.