Issue date: 12th March 2020
We have been closely monitoring the outbreak of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and pro-actively managing our stock levels to help minimise any adverse impact on the supply chain.
We have communicated with our key suppliers to ensure that they have a contingency plan in place should the spread of the virus continue to increase and informed all of our customers where potential supply disruptions may arise. It is advisable that all parties involved within the supply chain increase their stock holdings in the UK in case an event should arises where couriers suspend their services to and from affected countries.
Most suppliers do not anticipate any disruption, however in case of raw material shortages they have advised that alternative or multi-source strategies are being put in place. Suppliers based in Italy have made assurances that all staff have been instructed not to travel or be in contact with individuals that reside within “locked-down” areas and to adhere to company-imposed measures relating to the containment and non-transfer of the virus.
It is our utmost priority to ensure the welfare of all our employees, customers and suppliers, therefore we have taken the following actions with immediate effect:
– Limiting visitors to our sites in Dartford and Silverstone.
– Where meetings are deemed essential, hand shaking, and physical contact is politely declined. All other health measures relating to the containment and non-transfer of the virus is strictly adhered to.
– Employees or any of their family members experiencing respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties must contact 111 and seek medical advice before returning to work.
– Respectfully decline shaking hands with colleagues. – All visitors arriving on site, including delivery drivers, are to be asked if they have travelled abroad to any of the risk countries in the last 14 days. In the event a person has visited a highrisk country, they are to be asked to wait outside the premises.
– Paperwork from overseas drivers are to be collected by employees wearing protective disposable gloves and placed in a sealed bag. Used gloves must be disposed of immediately.
– Alcohol based hand sanitisers have been made available to staff and are being encouraged to be used regularly.
We will keep our employees and customers informed of any further updates and we will keep in close contact with our suppliers to obtain periodic updates.
AMI-CON Supplies Ltd